This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

VS 2010?

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:14 PM
Hi,

I have two questions:
  1. Is there anyway I can use this tool on Visual Studio 2010?
  2. Does this tool depend on specific .NET framework? Let say for example I use Visual Studio 2015 and the latest version of the NsDepCop. Since the newest Roslyn requires .NET framework 4.5, can my project, which use .NET framework 4, also can use this tool?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2015 at 1:44 PM
Hi,

(1)
  • There is no VS2010 version of NsDepCop.
  • It should be possible to port it back to VS2010 but I have no such plans. Please feel free to port it if you feel like contributing :)
  • Note that the Visual Studio Integration feature won't work because there's no Roslyn version for VS2010. But the MSBuild Integration feature with NRefactory as the parser should work.
(2)
  • NsDepCop 1.4 (for VS2015) depends on .NET Framework 4.5.2
  • However your C# projects can target any .NET Framework version that VS2015 supports, including .NET Framework 4.
  • NsDepCop's runtime dependency and your C# project's target framework are independent of each other.
Sep 5, 2015 at 4:40 PM
Hi Vizu,

Thank you for your answer. Your tools is cool. Do you think is there any commercial tools that have similar functionalities like this?
  1. Edit-time dependency checking
  2. dependencies as the build criteria
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Hi ndoenks,

Thanks for the feedback. If you like the tool, please add a review at the bottom of the dowloads page: https://nsdepcop.codeplex.com/releases/view/616663

Tools with similar functionality: